Fish in the Lobbyquarium
He sounds like a con-man from New York City (complete with a Brooklyn accent), as said by some fans, as he also bets with other fish: "C'mon, double or nothin' "! (fish swim away) "Crap!".
He also has had a few near-death experiences:
- Nearly getting eaten by Buster in a few episodes.
- Choking on a nut thrown in by Todd and Mark. The shark saved him by performing the Heimlich maneuver.
- Nearly dying in the incident with the groms in "Groms Gone Wild".
- He also jumped out of the tank to tell the Kahuna about Fluffy's death.
- He has appeared in every episode, though he only speaks in a few episodes.
- He also was heard talking in "Charging into the Night" by Johnny.
- He spoke to the Kahuna in "Penthouse of Horror".
- His name was revealed to be Sonny in the episode "Penthouse of Horror".
- Sonny is a Yellow Tang (Zebrasoma flavescens)
- There are rumors that Sonny is voiced by Bill Lake.
- He has been seen actively encouraging Buster to eat people in "Board and Confused", "O Broseph, Where Art Thou" and "Clinging in the Rain".