|Job:||Owner of the Surfer's Paradise Ridgemount Resort and the Ridgemount Resorts hotel chain.|
|Age:||Early to mid-40s|
|Family:||Mrs. Ridgemount (wife), Lo (daughter), Ty, George (sons)|
|Likes:||Smooth Rock Saxophone|
|Voice Actor:||Jamie Watson|
|First Appearance:||Welcome to Paradise, Dudes!|
He is said to be normally lenient towards his daughter, usually letting her get away with anything. However, in "Another Grom Bites the Dust", she is majorly punished by him for allowing an end-of-school party she threw at Surfer's Paradise to get out of control, as he gave her a job at the hotel and sent her to live in the staff house in order to prove herself to be responsible.
- Mr. Ridgemount's face has never been shown (although it has been partly shown), as it is blocked by objects or he is turned around. He is shown to be very tall, with a solid build and possibly a square jaw. His appearance may be based on that of 6teen character Coach Halder.
- His right eye twitches when he becomes very angry about something.
- Has green eyes.
- Most of the time when he is seen, he is angry or in a bad mood.
- He worked his way through college as a golf caddy.
- He either met his wife while attending rock concerts or took her to concerts while they were dating.
- He was in the army for 10 years.
- His face was shown once in "Endless Bummer", but it was mostly shaded.
- His main rival in the hotel business is Captain Ron.
- He and Captain Ron have been competing in everything, like tennis, swimming, boat racing, the stock market and even who has the most children (that's why he and Mrs. Ridgemount had George).
- He hates losing to Captain Ron in any kind of activity; he must always come out on top, no matter what.
- He has never been seen at the staff house, indicating that he may be unaware of the decrepit condition of the facility where he sent Lo to stay for the summer.
- Mentioned in "The Day the Sea Stood Still" that he has a mid-morning steak every day.
- There are uncomfirmed rumors the his first name may be James, source IMDB
- Welcome to Paradise, Dudes! (heard, not seen)
- Another Grom Bites the Dust
- Board and Confused
- Fast Times when the Rip Tide's High
- Reef And That Evil Totem (mentioned only)
- Charging into the Night (mentioned only)
- Reef, Broseph, and Emma's Totally Stupid Adventure
- Boards of Glory
- Groms Gone Wild! (does not speak)
- Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Heart of Clam?
- Slumber Party Animals
- Endless Bummer (lower face with mouth is shown)
- The Pirate Who Came To Lunch
- The Day the Sea Stood Still
- The Captain, The Grom, His Job and Her Dream (first time upper face is shown)
- Channel Surfers
- Grumpy Old Brahs
- Clinging in the Rain
- My Fair Leslie
- Bad Sports
- (500) Days of Bummer
- To Catch a Reef
- Groms on Strike (does not speak)
- Heartbreak Hotel
- All We Are Saying is Give Reef a Chance