Mr. Chester Grizzle is an old man who learned surfing from Reef.
A grouchy old man who looks and acts like a stereotypical "older geezer," but he's displayed a softer side many times. He's known to give people nicknames, whether they like it or not---such as calling Reef "Cream Puff."
- Take your Kook To Work Day
- Groms Gone Wild
- Penthouse of Horror
- Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Heart of Clam? (cameo)
- A Prank Too Far
- I Like Beaver Butts and I Cannot Lie
- Grumpy Old Brahs
- Hunka Hunka Burning Reef (cameo)
- Clinging in the Rain (does not speak)
- The Reefinator
- Sweet, Sweet, Meat Cheat
- To Catch a Reef
- Grom Fest (cameo)
- Mr. Grizzle is capable of lifting a vending machine in "Penthouse of Horror", although he threw out his back in the attempt.
- He has lived through the Great Depression and served in World War II as a sailor.
- He has Ephebiphobia, a fear/dislike of youth, by his constant complaining about modern-day kids. It appears to have lessened due to his friendship with Reef.
- Reef and Johnny used Mr. Grizzle to get rid of Shep and his friends in "Take your Kook to Work Day".